onsdag 5. mars 2008

Eye drama

Ayayay, today I woke up with a feeling that something was not the way it should be. I couldn`t open my eye properly, and 1 minute later I could ratify that something ws wrong. My eyelid was huge and swollen, and I almost looked as if someone had given me a knockout. It was not a pretty sight. Help, what had happened?? Well, I don`t know. I just hoped that this would pass fast, and not develop further. Imagine if this was only the beginning? I called and told the office I wouldn`t be there until I had figured this out, and then I surfed the net trying to give myself a medical consultaton. Hm..just an ellergic reaction? **Hoping, hoping** A few hours later I could relax my breath. The swelling was fortunately on its way down, without any action from my side. My head wouldn`t be transformed into a balloon after all!! Hurray! Just in case, Trude and I went to the hospital to see if I could talk to a doctor. I forgot my insurance proof in the apartement, and when they told me that they wanted a hundred dollars for a consultation I instantly felt the swelling dissapear. Healty as a tiger, let`s go home! Our good friend (and previous Youth Delegate) Marya, could later inform me that there is this eye virus going around now, and a friend of her resently had a similar condition. A quickly passing one, thank God! It is unpleasant and a bit scary to experience the face suddenly changing like this over night. I can`t help but wonder how the ones who decide to go through with “cosmetical” surgery feel when they see their new face in the mirror for the first time. Maybe distant to most Norwegians, but with more than a million such operations done in Lebanon last year, this is actually a quite topical problem for discussion in this country. It must be a somehow dramatic experience? Hm.. Anyways, I`m happy that my eye is now almost completely back to normal..

Ingen kommentarer: