onsdag 5. mars 2008

Outdoor activities!

Friday we went out to celebrate a friend`s birthday. At a karaokebar. Of course, Trude and I sang a duet, and we made a less than beautiful performance of The Doors` Light My Fire. We couldn`t decide if we wanted to sing with a high or low tone, so you can imagine for yourself how it must have sounded. In addition half the song was instrumental.. But it was fun! In the common Lebanese manner the last part of the evening was dedicated to Arabic music, and chaires and pouffes were put aside to make room for vivid oriental dance between the tables. I didn`t sing more songs this evening, since in no way I`m that advanced that I can read and sing karaoke in Arabic.. The pub was hot and smoky, and once again I caught myself in praising the Norwegian smoking legislation. After work Saturday I hurried home to pack good shoes and warm clothes, and then I went up into the mountains with friends. It was a great experience, and I really appreaciate the snow-covered scenery and the fresh air up in the heights. It was of course freezing cold in the evening, and the old fashioned oil camin was working hard throughout the whole night. On Sunday however, the sun appeared, and that wellknown and wonderful feeling of spring came flushing over me. It is just wonderful to feel the melting snow under the feet and how the sun forces out pearls of sweat because you have put on too many layers of wollen underwear:) The next day it was again set for another birthdayparty. I have actually lost count on how many birthdays we have celebrated down here until now. This time it was Yehya, our dear and a little bit crazy neighbour, who turned 19, and we went out a small group, first to the movies then to Club Social (one of my favourite places) to play pool. Also this was a nice evening in good company, and I have to say that I`m grateful to have had the opportunity to fill the last days with other activities than sitting at home! Yessss!

Ingen kommentarer: